Monday, July 21, 2014

R.E.P.O.R.T. card

Ah, Monday morning and it's time for another check in.


Let's look at how well I did against the French Diet's basic principles:
  • Real, natural foods: Pass. Most meals were home-cooked and minimally processed. 
  • Enjoy the dining experience: Pass. I still haven't gotten back to the days of multiple courses and finely set table, but dining has been fairly enjoyable nonetheless.
  • Portion control: Pass. 
  • Only at mealtimes--no snacking: So-so. Light snacking, but nothing excessive.
  • Run around--incorporate exercise naturally: Pass +.  Last week I exercised almost every day for at least 30 minutes. There were at least 3 bike excursions that lasted 30-45 minutes, and one walk. 
  • Treat yourself: Pass. I neither over-indulged, nor restricted myself excessively. Good balance, I think.

Weekly weigh-in: 164.5 (No Change versus last week and -2.5 to-date)

Final Grade: A  Last week when I weighed myself, I thought that my new weight was the result of a chaotic week and some stomach distress. I reasoned that I probably would see my system resettle at a slightly higher number. Luckily, that hasn't been the case this week. I think that the combination of extra, consistent exercise with a small amount of discipline (small, trust me) worked in my favor.

This week, I leave for Chicago on Thursday. Monsieur and I are going for his brother's wedding. My goal for this week will be to maintain good exercise and eating habits until I leave, and then maintain the healthy French mindset while we're gone. None of this "I'm on vacation so give me the donuts and banana split!" sort of excess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment