Wednesday, August 20, 2014

5BX

When I told Monsieur that I had discovered Helen Mirren's XBX exercise plan, he surprised me by saying that he had heard of the male version, the 5BX plan, from his grandfather. Apparently, Grandpa was in the Royal Canadian Reserve and that's where he learned and did the 5BX. Like the women's XBX plan, the 5BX is a combination of calisthenics and aerobic exercise and the difficulty level increases gradually. Also like XBX, they stress the importance of consistency and continuity.

That's my problem, being consistent. it's like I need Nike here to remind me every single day to Just Do It!.  See, this week, I have already not just done it. We had some minor house emergencies (fridge almost died, mold was found in new shower, that sort of thing) and I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. By the time I finally have a chance to catch my breath, it's dark out and the last thing I want to do is exercise. Even just 12 minutes of exercise. Ugh...

Well, today is a new day, you might say. You'd be right, of course. But last night, for reasons that totally escape me, I had insomnia and I couldn't sleep until about 4 a.m. Grrrrr! So, I'm feeling pretty dead. Still, it is only 12 minutes, so perhaps I can do it, after all. Especially since I now have competition from Monsieur. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment