Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Checking In


I have to admit, this past week, I have not done a good job of being aware of what I've been eating. This makes doing a check-in difficult as all my answers to the usual questions (Did I control my portions? Did I snack?) would be vague at best.

So this week, I'm jumping straight to the bottom line.

Weekly weigh-in: 165.5 (+0.5 versus last week and -1.5 to-date)

Final Grade: D  

So, here's what I do know: 
  • Lunches were (again) mostly eaten out.
  • I discovered Five Guys and the fact that I can eat their fries (I'm allergic to canola and corn oils, which are frequently used in fryers) is probably dangerous.
  • We had friends in town, friends staying with us, and friends having birthdays all in one week. Therefore, I had more dinners out, more treats, and less portion control overall.
  • I decided I didn't want to forget everything I learned in my pastry class, so I made individual fruit tarts from scratch for our friends' birthday celebration. Pastry includes a lot of butter. 
  • I got back on my bike (finally!) but only once, and for a relatively short ride. All other exercise was virtually non-existent.
  • I'm in serious trouble if I can't even find 12 minutes a day to exercise (that's the amount of time needed to do the XBX exercises I wrote about last week).
  • Pasta is delicious but makes me feel very bloated and unhappy the next day. :(

Anyway, I have to get back on the wagon and start planning my meals and being more aware of what I'm eating, how much I'm eating, and whether or not I'm moving enough. Otherwise, I should just abandon this experiment now and save us all the heartache.

No comments:

Post a Comment