Thursday, April 17, 2014

Afternoon indulgence

I'm usually a coffee drinker (decaf Americanos, to be precise) but every once in a while I yearn for something a touch more Jane Austen. When those moments strike, a small pot of Darjeeling or some special blend from a fine tea purveyor like Harney & Sons hits the spot. A particular favorite is the "Paris" blend, which combines black tea with vanilla, caramel and Bergamot flavors.


Normally, a small shortbread or butter cookie, or perhaps a cream scone, would complete the picture, but I decided to provide moral support to my Kosher Monsieur Souris and Passover started on Monday evening. So, for eight days he isn't eating any grains (or grain-derived products). It definitely won't kill me to cut down on breads, pasta, and baked items for a week, and I figure it's the least I could do after making him eat fish on Fridays during Lent.

No comments:

Post a Comment