Monday, April 14, 2014

Lundi: R.E.P.O.R.T. card

Last week I launched this blog and continued implementing my French experiment, with some successes and some failures.

Let's see how I fared against each of the Experiment's key goals:

  • Real, natural foods: B
  • Enjoy the dining experience: B+
  • Portion control: B
  • Only at mealtimes--no snacking: B+ 
  • Run around--incorporate exercise naturally: D
  • Treat yourself: C

For the most part, I was able to stick to the plan. I had a few big successes, where despite poor pre-planning and temptations to take the easy way out I still cooked a healthy meal or avoided snacking. But I also had some challenges due to unavoidable circumstances (a family trip to the ER/hospital), and over the weekend I mostly ate take-out. The good news there, though, was that I still mostly managed to listen to my body and not overeat or eat mindlessly. The weakest link, by far, was in terms of exercise. Other than parking a bit farther away than usual, I really didn't do anything. For this week, I'll say that it was only because my schedule was upended thanks to the hospital visit, but only time will tell if that was the case or just a carried over bad habit.

Monday morning weigh-in: 166.5 (-0.5 lbs versus last week and to-date)

Final Grade: B+

Overall, I think I did pretty well last week. My goal for this week is to focus on planning healthy and delicious meals (breakfast, LUNCH, and dinner!) and to work in some regular exercise, even if it's only for 15 minutes a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment