Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Le début...

For the last several years, I've lamented how my weight has slowly but steadily crept up. I've tried a few different diets, each time hoping that I would find a silver bullet that would help me turn things around. Nothing stuck.

Instead, it seemed as if my metabolism had become even more sluggish than before because despite a slight increase in exercise and (I thought) more careful eating, my weight just kept inching up.

I started keeping track of what I was eating and when. I realized that while my breakfasts were okay and my dinners were healthy, lunches were a disaster and there was definitely ample snacking. So, I figured I needed to start by developing a better strategy for my lunches.

Online research followed, and somehow, I found Karen Le Billon's blog, which describes the French school lunch program and menus. This, in turn, inspired me to download a few Kindle books on the French diet. My two favorites were Losing It In France--Les Secrets of the French Diet and The French Don't Diet Plan: 10 Simple Steps To Stay Thin For Life.

After reading these books, I decided to conduct my very own French (Diet) Experiment, and to catalog my progress on this blog.

Hopefully, I will soon be saying "Adieu" to my unwanted weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment