Monday, April 21, 2014

Lundi: R.E.P.O.R.T. card

Ah, Monday morning. Time to check back in and see what progress (if any) was made.

Let's check in against each of the French Plan's key goals:
  • Real, natural foods: A-
  • Enjoy the dining experience: B+ 
  • Portion control: A-
  • Only at mealtimes--no snacking: A-  
  • Run around--incorporate exercise naturally: D 
  • Treat yourself: B

This past week was an interesting one. It was Holy Week, so on Good Friday I did my best to fast, and when I did eat, there was no meat. And, it was also Passover, and since my husband keeps Kosher there were no grains (wheat, corn, rice) allowed. For the first time this year, I abstained almost entirely from grains, too, to provide moral support. As a result, this week we had fish 3 times for dinner, and most nights we had a vegetable or salad and some potato dish (oven fries, mashed potatoes, etc.) Pretty healthy.

Almost all meals were home cooked, and I avoided snacking for most of the week. (I can recall one snack and a few handfuls of hazelnuts eaten between meals.) And I continued trying to listen to my body and not overeat or eat mindlessly. I found that I often stopped feeling hungry when there was still food on my plate, so I would simply stop eating. I'm learning that I can feel satisfied with less.

My weakest point was exercise--again. There was no good reason or excuse for it, either. I just did other things instead.

In terms of treating myself, I did have a couple of small desserts this last week and I also treated myself to a couple of cotton dresses for summer. So, I had a mix of food and non-food pleasures to enjoy.

Monday morning weigh-in: 165.0 (-1.5 lbs versus last week and -2.0 to-date)

Final Grade: 

This was definitely a great week and I'm very excited by the results. I'm a little bit curious about how much of the week's loss is due to the French diet versus the Kosher diet versus the Good Friday fast/diet. In any case, I think that adding a moderate amount of discipline with regards to pasta, bread and baked items and incorporating more fish into your diet are never a bad idea, so I may have to keep that up, even if not as strictly as I did this past week. Overall, I'm definitely happy and feeling optimistic and encouraged to continue on this path!

No comments:

Post a Comment