Monday, April 28, 2014

Lundi: R.E.P.O.R.T. card


Another Monday, another check in. I have to be honest, I'm not looking forward to today's post.

Let's start by grading against each of the French Plan's key goals:
  • Real, natural foods: B
  • Enjoy the dining experience: C+ 
  • Portion control: B-
  • Only at mealtimes--no snacking: C  
  • Run around--incorporate exercise naturally: C- 
  • Treat yourself: D-

This past week saw the end of Passover, a few evenings out, and some personal stress impact my French experiment quite a bit. First, the end of Passover meant that grains were welcomed back, perhaps with arms a bit too wide open. I also ate out (or take-out) almost half the time this week, and while I tried to make healthy choices, sometimes it's hard to know how healthy something really is since you aren't there when it's being prepared. (Other times, you know how healthy--or unhealthy--something is, but it's what's available.) And, finally, as I already discussed on Friday, there were some emotional challenges.

On the positive side, I did try to listen to my body and not overeat. And, I was a bit more active (walking, and some gardening, mostly) and it was incorporated into my day to day life more naturally.

On the negative side, I ate out too much and I snacked when I felt depressed. Sigh.

In terms of treating myself, I gave myself a low grade because I overdid it. The French allow a bit of dessert (typically, fruit) but I ate something sweet most evenings even if I had had a filling meal. It was more about the fact that I could have a baked treat and not about whether or not I really wanted one.

Monday morning weigh-in: 166.0 (+1 lb versus last week and -1.0 to-date)

Final Grade: 

I'm definitely disappointed in how this week turned out. And, the worst thing is probably that I knew I wasn't really following my plan but I sort of gave up over the weekend and tacitly decided to wait until today to get back on the wagon. Now, though, I'm curious to see how much of my previous drop was due to the French diet versus the "Passover diet" of aggressively reduced grains. So this week I'm going to see what happens if I focus just on the French Diet's key elements but still eat some bread, etc. If I can get back on track with just that, next Monday's weigh in and report should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment