Tuesday, June 24, 2014

R.E.P.O.R.T. card

I'm back after a long weekend spent visiting Monsieur's famille. We went to celebrate his maman's birthday, so there were plenty of dessert treats over the last few days. Another thing to note is that there are various family members have their own particular diets that they follow. Maman is a fish-eating vegetarian (pescatarian?), Monsieur keeps mostly kosher (no pork or shellfish), and my soon-to-be-sister-in-law is a bacon-eating vegetarian. Add to that some food allergies/intolerances (including my own) and mealtimes can be challenging.

In any case, we had a wonderful time and I ate fairly well (Sunday night was the only really carb-intensive meal), so all in all I'd rate the visit a big success.

So, grades:
  • Real, natural foods: A-
  • Enjoy the dining experience: B+ 
  • Portion control: A
  • Only at mealtimes--no snacking: B-
  • Run around--incorporate exercise naturally: B+
  • Treat yourself: D
You'll notice that my lowest grade was in the Treat Yourself category. That's because there were many more desserts consumed than normal. Chocolate cream pie was this year's birthday "cake", and several servings of ice cream and some cheesecake were also consumed by yours truly.

But, on the positive side, I did try to be more aware of what my body was telling me and stopping when I felt satisfied but not stuffed. And, we went on several longer walks, so I got more exercise in.

Given all that, I wasn't sure of what to expect.

Weekly weigh-in: 166 (+0.0 lbs versus last week and -1.0 to-date)

Final Grade: B

Luckily, my weight didn't go up, despite the increase in sweet treats and somewhat larger amount of bread/pasta consumption. 

I'm giving myself a B instead of a C because I was more aware of my eating and did a better job of reminding myself to think like a French eater and I hope to maintain that attitude. Here's hoping that next week we see the results of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment