Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Scheduling exercise?

Over the weekend I was thinking that I should try to establish an exercise schedule to support starting good habits. Mondays and Wednesdays, I mused, I could focus on some sort of aerobic activity. Then, on Tuesdays and Thursdays I could go cycling, since it's definitely harder to go for a ride if you've waited a while since your last rise. Fridays, I figured, I could either do aerobics again or I could focus on stretching or flexibility or calisthenics. Finally, on the weekend I could do something with Monsieur, like go for a swim or play some tennis. 

All these thoughts, however, remain good intentions. Yesterday, I spent the day helping mes parents and I felt way too tired by the time I got home to do anything. 

Today, I've also been busy with my family, accompanying them to some doctor appointments. So, unless I can rally when I get home, it will be another day that I have not exercised. 

The French way, of course, is to incorporate exercise into your everyday routine. I think that's a little easier said than done when you live in an American suburb and everything is at least a mile away. 

So, I am not sure what to do. Perhaps I should approach this as an experiment (like my blog is so aptly named) and I should say, "For the next X number of days I'm going to follow his exercise schedule and then see what happens."

Otherwise, it's not really reasonable to expect things to change magically in their own. 

I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment