Wednesday, May 14, 2014

A Gentle Reminder

I went to a local bakery for a baguette for tonight's dinner. Monsieur is grilling some thin steaks and we're expecting a friend of his to join us.

While I waited in line to pay, a young woman was tending to her two small, very blonde children, and talking with them in lightening fast French. When the clerk asked her how he could help her, she said (in very good, but heavily accented, English), "For tonight, I'll take one demi-baguette."

I had considered ordering a demi-baguette myself. As a snack. For myself. Alone.

She, however, was going to split a demi-baguette (which really looked like more of a one-third-of-a-baguette instead of a demi) with her two kids.

Next time I'm asking myself WWFD maybe I'll have to remember this lady.

And, as if I needed to say it-- she was slim.

No comments:

Post a Comment