Thursday, May 1, 2014

Dilemma: Baking Enthusiast or Svelte Sensation?

I celebrated my birthday in April, and Monsieur offered me an extra-special opportunity as my birthday gift: a week-long class at the San Francisco Baking Institute on Pastry. The class promises to teach you "how to master pastry doughs and use them to create an unlimited variety of exciting pastries."  


As I may have mentioned before, I love pastries in general, and French-style patisserie (Paris-Brest pastries, éclairs, Breton tarts, etc.) best of all.

So, here's my dilemma: 

If I'm trying to lose weight and I know that pastries are a particular weakness, should I really be signing up for a week-long, intensive baking class like this?? Am I just playing with fire? Courting disaster? Sabotaging myself? [Insert confused look here]

Sounds like it's time to resurrect the old WWFD (What would a French person do?) strategy here.  Going to mull it over and I'll let you know what I decide.

Feedback/comments/advice are always welcome...  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment