Monday, May 5, 2014

Lundi: R.E.P.O.R.T. Card



Is it already Monday, again??  Well, let's see how last week went.

First, grades:
  • Real, natural foods: B
  • Enjoy the dining experience: B- 
  • Portion control: B
  • Only at mealtimes--no snacking: C
  • Run around--incorporate exercise naturally: B+ 
  • Treat yourself: B+

I think that this week was a bit better than last week, overall.

On the positive side, I got a few longer walks in (approx 1.5 miles each time, walking home from the train station) and generally felt more 'active'. It was also my birthday last week, and I didn't use that as an excuse to go crazy, so that was good. :)

On the negative side, I probably over-indulged my sweet tooth and I nibbled a bit more between meals. Mostly nuts, but still--the French way would be to not have snacks at all. I also feel that I didn't focus as much on the positive aspects of the French diet, like savoring my food and enjoying the dining experience. I also ate out a few times, and I feel like it is definitely harder to know how much you're eating if you share plates (pizza, Chinese food, or appetizers/tapas, say).

So, as I prepare this "report card" before I step on the scale, I'm really not sure of what to expect. I'm guessing that I didn't go down at all, but hoping that I just didn't go up, either.

Now for the tough part--stepping on the scale:

Monday morning weigh-in: 166.0 (No Change versus last week and -1.0 to-date)

Final Grade: C+

This week I'm going to prepare really delicious, well balanced meals at home, and enjoy the dining experience. To do both, I'll need to get organized and be prepared so that I don't resort to ordering food in or grabbing whatever is convenient.

No comments:

Post a Comment