Friday, May 23, 2014

Bienvenue, été! Welcome, summer!

It's a bit hard to believe that the Memorial Day Weekend is already here and summer is upon us.

Summer is by far my favorite season. I live for long days and light evenings, and find the warmth (as long as it doesn't get too hot) very relaxing. But, summer is not without its share of issues.  Bathing suits, for starters.

No matter how strictly I enforce the French diet 'rules', I know there is no way that I will quickly drop enough of my excess weight to feel as fabulous as I'd like for this summer season. Quick-French-Diet-Weight-Loss is a sort of oxymoron. The whole point is to re-evaluate your attitude towards food, diet, health and lifestyle so that, when you adopt the French diet, you slowly but surely reach your body's proper balanced weight.

So, that means that I have to be patient and focus on looking my best as I am currently, whether I'm at home, by the pool, at the beach, or out with friends and family.

It seems to me that planning some fun adventures is one sure-fire way to focus my attention on what summer is all about.

So, welcome back, Summer! I've missed you!

No comments:

Post a Comment